Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Chinese New Year

The Year of the Rooster

The Chinese New Year begins February 9, 2005. It is the beginning of The Year of the Rooster. If you were born in 1909, 1921, 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, or 1993 your Chinese Zodiac sign is the Rooster. My husband Chris is a Rooster.


image found at sinopaperart

Here is a description of the Rooster I found at Newsguy.com

The Rooster, or Chicken as he is called, is the Don Quixote of the Chinese cycle. The dauntless hero who must look to the earth to survive, he is the most misunderstood and eccentric of all the signs. outwardly, he is the epitome of self-assurance and aggression, but at heart he could be conservative and old-fashioned.

The Rooster-born, especially the men, will be attractive, even dashingly handsome. The princely fowl is radiant and proud of his fine feathers and has an impressive carriage. You don't find any roosters slouching; they strut about with dignity. Even the shyest member of the Rooster family will cut a neat, trim figure and maintain a special bearing wherever he goes.

There are two distinct type of Roosters. The rapid-firing, extremely talkative ones and the deadly solemn observer types with the X-ray vision. both are equally hard to deal with. The Rooster has many outstanding qualities to crow about. He is sharp, neat, precise, organized, decisive, upright, alert, and most direct. He can also be critical to the point of brutality. Don't ever ask him his frank, candid opinion--you may never recover from his comments.

He loves to argue and debate, showing how knowledgeable and smart he is, some- times with little regard of the feelings of others. But when his feathers are ruffled in return, he is insufferable. He isn't cut out to be a diplomat. Situations regarding tact, delicacy and discretion will cramp his style. His way is to go about trying to convert everyone to his way of thinking with a missionary zeal.

That’s him all right. The funniest part of this is that my Chinese Zodiac Sign is the Rat.


picture of a Rat named Spanky from getpetsonline

My worst case scenario to be partnered with is the Rooster or the Horse. Well that figures.

Here is what it says about our marriage combination on member.newsguy.com

Rooster Husband and Rat Wife
He is analytical and a perfectionist; she is stimulating, practical and quite brainy in her own right. He is bossy and dogmatic and prone to giving lectures. She is balky about criticism and can be sharp and petty when offended. He lacks the sensitivity and warmth she seeks in mate. Her resourcefulness and competence make her unwilling to follow his orders blindly. Not a promising match for either party. They tend to agitate each other unnecessarily.

Chris and I will have been together 12 years this coming Spring. It has not been smooth sailing all the way but I would not change a thing. I will keep my Rooster.
To read all about people that are rats like me go here. I would say the profile fits me and the life I have lead pretty accurate.

To find what Chinese zodiac sign you are go here.

Of course there are so many more things to know about the Chinese New Year. So much more to learn about including traditions, crafts, foods, & celebrations.

You can find out more about the Chinese New Year at this educational site.
You can find fun stuff at theholidayspot.
Also there is some crafts and activities for the celebration at enchantedlearnings.


4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Tami - I stumbled upon your blog through Beginner Babes. I see you are from a small town in NM. Do you mind if I ask which one? My sister lives in Ruidoso - another small town in NM. I'm a Wyoming girl, but think your state is very beautiful (or parts of it - like Wyoming!). Thanks for the education on the Chinese New Year. I'm going to have to see what I can find out about 2 tigers married to each other (my husband and I were both born in the same year).

4:46 PM  
Blogger Abby said...

Hi! I also found your blog through the Beginner Babe ring. I just wanted to let you know that my Husband is also named Chris, born in '69, another year of the rooster. Your pics of your pets are fabulous! Do you have a particular type of camera that helps you take wonderful pictures like that? I also am in the Hello Kitty Along, but have not even started the sweater yet!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Hi Sanesi & Abby
Thank you for the comments. I love to read them.

Sanesi I live in the southern part of New Mexico. I have been up to Ruidoso. I like it there. I enjoy seeing the trees and all the greenery. I especially like the little shops.

Abby I use a Nikon Coolpix 4300 digital camera. I love it. I did a lot of research first before I bought a camera to replace my cheap out of date digital. The Nikon got the best reveiws for their picture quality. The best advice I can give on taking photos is whenever possible do not use the flash. I think the pictures turn out with a more natural color. When you use the flash it washes the colors out. Also it is best not to use the flash when photographing animals because their eyes turn out red. Good luck and the more you take pictures the better you get at it.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From: Your Secret Pal

Hi Tami!

I am really happy you liked your gift card, and ecard. I hope you pick out something you really have been wanting...be sure to post what you get!

have a wonderful valentines' weekend!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home