Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Peach Jamboree




We had a large storm this past Friday night and it blew most of the peaches off our dwarf trees. The chickadees have been gathering for a peach jamboree. My garden has sadly been neglected this year. I plan to do some major planting this Fall. I have several plants that did not come back after last winter. I have lived here for two years and am still learning about gardening in the desert. I have absolutely no shade in my garden. Therefore, I need to find plants that are full sun. In addition, I need to find plants that can tolerate below freezing temperatures in the winter. We do not usually have two many days of below freezing but it does not take many to kill a plant.





My Rose of Sharon is doing very well this year and is putting out beautiful blooms. My fountain grass I am so excited about. It is finally starting to bloom its long feathers. I planted it a year and a half ago and it did not bloom last year. I can’t wait to see it in it’s full glory.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home