Thursday, September 09, 2004

Cosmo's Story



I went in search for a kitten to fill the emptiness from the loss of my beloved cat Pusskins. Frankly, I must have a cat in my life. Ever since I was little I have been obsessed and in love with cats. I do not want to get weird or anything but, I just think life is so much better with a cat in it.



My husband finally gave me the thumbs up and I ran down to my local pound. I found a mother cat with 8 kittens in with her. I specifically wanted a boy cat and the lady helped me check the litter to pick out the boys. The litter was all dark tabbies except for two that were white tabbies. Both of the white tabbies were the males. I just picked the one that was the most out going. He was only four weeks old. I brought my new bundle of joy home to meet the rest of the family. Needless to say the dogs were very excited to get a kitten of there own. Who does not love a kitten? He was so adorable.



Soon enough he was running around acting as if he was the boss. He is so funny. He runs around like a spaz dodging behind corners chasing imaginary objects. I named him Cosmo after Cosmo Kramer from the show Seinfeld. My Cosmo likes to make an entrance just like the character Kramer on the show.



In addition, if you bring anything home Cosmo automatically assumes it is for him. He is all over it. He loves ribbon off presents or any type of string.



You might be wondering why in some of his pictures he has a black thing hooked to his collar. Well this is an invisible fence type of collar. We have it set up so he will not go out the dog door. I lost my last cat to the cruel outdoors and I will not let it happen again. It does not bother him at all. I can feel safe that he will not go outside.



My husband calls him Mr. Boots and thinks I pamper him to much. Well Cosmo is my baby and will always be. Even now when I look at him, I still picture that scampering little kitten I brought home. Cosmo is so precious to me and just brightens everyday he spends with me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Another wonderful story! Cosmo looks like such a great kitty! My husband thinks I pamper our cats too much, too. :) I think that's great that you're keeping him inside. Too much bad stuff outside. :(

7:20 AM  
Blogger ANABEL said...

Cosmo is really nice!!!!
He is very lucky to have a mummy like you!!!
I also agree with you about not letting him to go out. You had a terrible experience with your other cat.
I do not permit Tiger to go out, he is safe and happy indoors.
Greetings,

5:38 PM  
Blogger Shelly said...

Cosmo is gorgeous! He would be spoiled rotten at my house, too...

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home