Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Mexicali Night

I made chicken enchiladas for dinner last night. It is kind of my own concoction. First, I stick a can of cream of mushroom soup in a crock-pot. Then I put two uncooked frozen chicken breasts in the crock-pot and cook on low for 3 hours. Once the chicken is cooked, I take the breasts out and shred them with two forks. I put the chicken back in the crock pot and stir in 2 cups of cheese I used pepper jack but any cheese you like will work. Then I also mix in a little garlic and chopped olives. Stir it all up and this is your filling for your enchiladas. I make four enchiladas out of this recipe.

Spoon the mixture into tortillas, roll them up, and place in a sprayed casserole dish. Then top the rolled enchiladas with your choice of green or red enchilada sauce then sprinkle with shredded cheese and a couple of chopped olives. Cover and place in a 375-degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling. Dish out enchiladas and top with sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Serve with refried beans and a tossed salad. Walla it’s Mexicali Night.


Enchiladas rolled up in dish



Chicken Enchiladas



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home