Thursday, September 30, 2004

Knitting in the Moonlight



We have had a full moon the last couple of nights. I took some pictures but they did not come out that well. I found this picture on Webshots and this is basically what it looked like in my night sky just add a couple of twinkling stars and that is it. I have been diligently knitting every evening on my Butter Bear sweater. I finished the front. I had some troubles shaping the neck area because I miss read the pattern. Once I figured out what it meant I ripped it out and started the neck shaping again and it turned out fine. Now I am working on the back. I am excited to get them both connected and start shaping the collar. This is all new to me and I am learning a lot. I mostly cannot wait to get to the sleeves to try my hand at intarsia. I am trying to get a good portion of this sweater finished before I start the Weasley Sweater. Like I said, I am learning so much and I think it will come in handy when I start the Weasley.



I would like to put a word in for Banned Books Week and to celebrate the literature others have tried to suppress.

Here is a list of 50 of the most frequently banned books of the 1990’s

Impressions Edited by Jack Booth et al.
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
More Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
The Witches by Roald Dahl
Daddy's Roommate by Michael Willhoite
Curses, Hexes, and Spells by Daniel Cohen
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
Blubber by Judy Blume
Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl
Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam
A Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Peck
Heather Has Two Mommies by Lesley Newman
Christine by Stephen King
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Fallen Angels by Walter Myers
The New Teenage Body Book by Kathy McCoy and Charles Wibbelsman
Little Red Riding Hood by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Snyder
Night Chills by Dean Koontz
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
A Separate Peace by John Knowles
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks
The Witches of Worm by Zilpha Snyder
My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
Cujo by Stephen King
The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
The Figure in the Shadows by John Bellairs
On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer
In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
Grendel by John Champlin Gardner
I Have to Go by Robert Munsch
Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The Pigman by Paul Zindel
My House by Nikki Giovanni
Then Again, Maybe I Won't by Judy Blume
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts: The Story of the Halloween Symbols by Edna Barth
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz

14 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, I've read so many of those books. For most of them, I had no idea that they were ever banned!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

has something for everyone. Come on by and check it out soon Enjoy. :)

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami, I just happened to be surfing for emini futures and somehow I ended up here. Don't ask me how. I actually wasn't interested in Knitting in the Moonlight until I accidently got here and started reading. Got major sidetracked. - ROFL - Well, best of luck and I'm back off looking for info on emini futures.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Tami. I was searching for the latest information on emini trading and somehow, which I don't understand, found your site. Although Knitting in the Moonlight wasn't what I was interested in, I'm sure glad I found it. It's really amazing how on the Internet you can sit down and look for one thing, such as emini trading and find totally unrelated interesting stuff and spend hours reading about stuff other than what you were searching for. I'll keep on looking for emini trading but I just had to comment on how much I enjoyed reading the comments here.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami, I just happened to be surfing for learn emini trading and somehow I ended up here. Don't ask me how. I actually wasn't interested in Knitting in the Moonlight until I accidently got here and started reading. Got major sidetracked. - ROFL - Well, best of luck and I'm back off looking for info on learn emini trading.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami, I just happened to be surfing for emini futures and somehow I ended up here. Don't ask me how. I actually wasn't interested in Knitting in the Moonlight until I accidently got here and started reading. Got major sidetracked. - ROFL - Well, best of luck and I'm back off looking for info on emini futures.

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your blog and the info you have Tami. I just recently ventured into blogging and love it. I am constantly on the lookout for more info on
WATER FILTRATION FOR KIDS.COM

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami, I get incredibly sidetracked on the Internet. I'm supposed to be searching on day trading course but got sidetracked here somehow and am reading about Knitting in the Moonlight instead. It's amazing how something that's supposed to take a few minutes ends up taking a few hours because it's so much more interesting reading about Knitting in the Moonlight than searching on day trading course like I'm supposed to be doing.

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog Tami. Keep it up. I'll make some time to read more info soon :-)

RECOMMENDED DAILY WATER INTAKE.COM

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami, I get incredibly sidetracked on the Internet. I'm supposed to be searching on emini futures but got sidetracked here somehow and am reading about Knitting in the Moonlight instead. It's amazing how something that's supposed to take a few minutes ends up taking a few hours because it's so much more interesting reading about Knitting in the Moonlight than searching on emini futures like I'm supposed to be doing.

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable Tami!! Here I was trying to get information on day trading course and somehow - don't ask me how - I ended up here reading about Knitting in the Moonlight. Well, you're not going to believe this, but here I am reading this site when I'm supposed to be researching day trading course. Thanks for the interesting info. Back to searching on day trading course.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Tami. I was searching for the latest information on emini trading and somehow I found your site. Although Knitting in the Moonlight isn't exactly what I was looking for, it's interesting how on the Internet you can look for one thing, such as emini trading and find both related and unrelated interesting stuff and spend hours reading about stuff other than what you were searching for. I'll keep on looking for emini trading but I just had to comment on how much I enjoyed reading the comments here.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami!! Here I was trying to get information on emini trading and somehow - don't ask me how - I ended up here reading about Knitting in the Moonlight. Well, you're not going to believe this, but here I am reading this site when I'm supposed to be researching emini trading. Thanks for the interesting info. Back to searching on emini trading.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tami. Nice blog. Check out my site day trading seminar. It's got lots of info on day trading seminar.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home