Sunday, February 13, 2005

Happy Valentines Day

The door bell rang. Chris yells “Honey can you answer the door”. Grumble, Grumble, OK! I opened the door to this:


For Me? Ahwww, Shucks Honey you shouldn’t have, but I am sure glad you did.
Every time I walk by them I burry my nose in a bloom and take it all in. They smell wonderful.


New WIP
I cast on for a new project. I decided to try socks. This is the pattern I am using from the book Folk Socks.



Double pointed needles are scary. The first row was nearly impossible to get it working right. I felt like I was working with some kind of alien contraption. The more I did the better it got. Here is my progress so far.


I hope you have a real SWEET WEEK!

5 Comments:

Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

If you don't like the DPN's you can always use 2 circulars. I never use DPN's anymore. Now I drop less stitches and I don't get the ladders between needles. Here is a link for a tutorial on how to use two circs.

http://www.az.com/~andrade/knit/twocirculars.html

Stacie
http://faerycrafty.blogdrive.com

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the socks - I just love that pattern. Not trying to be contradictory, but just as a word of encouragement if you decide to stick with the dpn, they do get easier and actually I like them.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Your sock is lookin' really good! I used magic stripes yarn and made my first pair of socks with DPNs. Once you get going, it's not so hard :)

My cat, Timothy, wants to tell you that he'd like to get a hold of that yarn and chew it for a while :)

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dpns need a bit of getting used to. I was scared at first, now I find myself kind of liking using them!

Siow Chin

10:37 PM  
Blogger General Ginger said...

Wow, that looks fantastic! I do promise you and it will get easier. Its also sort of a fun challenge and once you get the hang of it it's a wonderful on the go project. Can't wait to see this sock develop!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home