Friday, June 17, 2005

New Mascot

I found a new mascot at the Disney Store.


It is Briar Rabbit.
Originally from Disney’s “Song of the South” movie adapted from “Uncle Remus folk tales” by Joe Harris. Later to be depicted in a ride called Splash Mountain at the Disney Theme Parks.

Trivia
Brer definition – Brer is an alternate version of "Br'er", which is an abbreviation for "Brother". Brother and Sister are Christian terms of kinship especially prevalent in the South.

On July 20, 1879 the Atlanta Constitution published a copy of Joe Harris’s “Story of Mr. Rabbit and Mr. Fox as told by Uncle Remus.” The first Uncle Remus book was published in November of 1880.


Of Course we can not forget Disney’s Splash Mountain. A wonderful ride that brings you through the Briar Patch and depicts Briar Rabbit, Briar Bear, Briar Fox and the whole gang with their crazy antics.


Laughing Place
It is all about finding your LAUGHING PLACE. My blog to me is a special place where I can be me and a sort of journal for what is going on in my life. Of course my title of my blog comes from the song “Zip-a-dee-doo-dah”. I love this song. I am a true optimist and always look for the sunshine.



I will leave you with the lyrics so kick up your heels and have a Wonderful Day!

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
Mister Bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actch'll
Ev'rything is satisfactch'll
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home