Thursday, September 01, 2005

Finished Moira Bag



I finally finished the Moira Bag.
Pattern from Rowan book #27
Cast on at the end of June
Finished at the end of August
I used circular needles and did the whole thing at once.
Yarn: Rowan Cotton Glace
Colors: Ecru, Sky, Hyacinth, Shoot, & Glee

I enjoyed making this bag and will definitely do more knitting using Fair Isle method. I did change up the pattern a little. In my mind I kept picturing it as a round tote. So I decided to make it round. I found some great sued like fabric and used one of my pot covers as a round template and then just sewed the round piece of fabric onto the bottom of the bag. I also lined the bag with fabric. It makes it more user friendly.

Here is a picture of the bag showing the back side and all the ends I needed to weave in


Here is the lining fabric and the bottom fabric.


Here is a picture of the lining sewn into the bag.


This bag is way cute and I am very proud of how it turned out. I have even got a couple of compliments from people. The best part is when they ask where you got it and I say “I made it.”

RAOKed
I have been Raoked. It is so exciting to get a package in the mail unexpectedly. Especially an awesome package like this


This package was from Danielle over at Sassy Gina-D. It included a silver tin, hand moisturizer, hand sanitizer, emery boards, cuticle boards, soap, small sharpie & a little massage ball shaped like a flying saucer. Oh and of course the cutest dog card. Thank you so much for this thoughtful package. I love everything and will use all of it.


September Is Here
Wow, it is already September. I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend. Here is a picture of my precious baby boy all cuddled up and cozy.

9 Comments:

Blogger noricum said...

Beautiful bag! Great job!!!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very pretty, Tami!

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bag. I've had that Rowan mag for years and have wanted to make one of those bags for a long time. Maybe you've spurred me on.
Thanks so much for showing us
Chrissy

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back and blogging again-I enjoy reading your blog. Just have to agree with the other commenters- that is a gorgeous bag and I love the way you finished it.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

That bag is amazing! Awesome job :) And I like the picture of your poodin too ;)

9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great job on your bag! Now I want to do some fair isle too. Thanks for sharing.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That bag looks great. I cannot stand to weave in ends but I am planning to make the bag and duplicate stitch a simple pattern on it instead of the fairisle pattern.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back. I know, I'm rather late to the party ;) Your bag is lovely and the sewing job looks awesome.
Laura

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home