Friday, July 15, 2005

Stash Buster

Looking for a quick way to clean out your stash of yarn, look no further I have an answer for you.



OK I said I had an answer not THE answer.
I found this chair at EuropeByNet.com It actually retails at $4,293.
It is the Vermelha chair designed by F. and H. Campana.

I think Cosmo would love this chair actually it might drive him crazy. I think it would give me nightmares. I would start dreaming about all my nice neat balls of yarn coming unraveled and making a large impossible knot. The HORROR!


On to the Knitting Update

Here is the lovely Rowan “Air” cardi.



Finished the back & Left front. I started one sleeve and am about half way done. I am not really on Sleeve Island; I like to think I am on the sleeve peninsula. It needs some serious blocking. Also the lighting is not that great to really show the details of the stitches.


Here is the awesome Rowan “Moira” bag



I have finished the first of the pattern repeat. I believe I need to do these 31 rows another 2 ½ more times to finish the bag. This is my first real Fair Isle knitting project and I have to tell you I really like it. I enjoy it so much more than intarsia. I will definitely do more Fair Isle patterns.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Oh...that chair is THE solution for people with stash problems!!! And I'm always willing to "let" people give me WAY more money than something is worth, aren't you???

8:40 AM  
Blogger amandazen said...

Now that chair is just silly!

Your air cardi and Moira are coming along so great!

5:42 PM  
Blogger General Ginger said...

That is one groovy chair! Your cardi is lovely.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are taking a blogger break but I hope you will post a photo of air when it is done. I'm knitting it too, and would love to see it on someone other than the Rowan model. I'd love to see your fair-isle bag finished, too. It is looking lovely.
Melisa
http://www.virtuallydesigned.com/gottamake/index.php

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home