Friday, October 08, 2004

Mexican Cantina



We stopped at our favorite Mexican Cantina yesterday. Mexican food is not only tasty but it is fun too. First thing they bring you is chips and salsa. It makes you feel like the festivities have all ready begun and I have not ordered anything yet. I usually order either a Chicken Chimichanga or the Sour cream enchiladas. This time I felt like trying something new, so I ordered the Chicken Taquitos. I was not disappointed. It was very good. Of course the perfect compliment to Mexican food is a Margarita to drink. That just adds to the fun.



Yarn of the Month Club
I received Octobers package yesterday. The yarn samples are very small but just enough to knit a swatch to see if you would like to make something in that yarn. It came with a pattern to make an Autumn Shrug. Also came with info on using natural products to dye yarn. Overall, I am pleased with the package. There is one yarn sample that I would definitely use to make a sweater, there is one sample I would definitely never buy, and the other two are maybes. Since I am new to knitting, I believe this is a good way for me to learn more on what types of yarn I like to work with. I plan to stay with the club

2 Comments:

Blogger DoreyR said...

I agree with you on the Yarn of the Month club. I got my first pack the other day. I'm new to knitting also, and will use this as a method to learn about fibers. Hopefully there is enough of some of the samples to knit bookmarks, if the yarn is conducive to shaping.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

Lauren I would never buy that squiggle yarn either. I really liked the Chamonix by Jaeger. It looks like a perfect yarn to knit up a soft sweater. The other two were nice but a little too fuzzy, probably good for adding trim to something or making a scarf.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home