Friday, October 22, 2004

Silence of the Pumpkins



I picked up these lovely, unexpecting, Orangey innocent little lovelies at the grocery store. “It rubs the lotion on its skin as it is told”. Cackle Cackle! I plan to carve these up next week. Brandy loves it when I carve pumpkins. I have to keep an eye on her because I usually will put down newspaper and carve them on the rug in front of the TV if I turn my back she will gulp down a mouth full of pumpkin seeds goop and all. Strange dog.



I found this cool banana plant at the grocery store while I was getting the pumpkins. My MIL has one of these but hers is huge. I think hers towers over me. Maybe mine will get that big. It says on the tag it is a real banana plant but if grown inside it probably will not bare fruit.



I picked up this book after seeing Aron Ralston on Oprah. He is the guy that was hiking and got stuck with his right hand behind a rock. He was stuck there for 6 days and had to cut his arm off in order to survive and find help. After seeing him on Oprah, I knew I wanted to read his book. I think I can learn from a man that has faced such a hellacious and deifying situation, alone with his thoughts, and prevails even though every circumstance is stacked against his survival. He comes through it and has a positive outlook on life. This man is an inspiration.

The Lone Knitter
Well this week our very small knitting group was due to meet at 7pm at the local bowling alley. There is only a handful in the group that was set up through meetup.com. I made it to the meet but I was the only one there. I had never been to the bowling alley nor would I have chosen it for a place to meet up with several knitters. If you can picture a woman sitting with a bag full of knitting in a full bowling alley sitting alone. Yea it was not the best experience. Oh well I thought I would give it a shot. I wish I lived in a city that had more knitters out there that want to get together. Maybe next month will be better. I am definitely going to suggest a different meeting place, like a coffee shop or something.

This weekend I plan to work on my Weasley sweater and look for some yarn to make that bag I like from the Rebecca pattern book. Three cheers for autumn and sweater weather.

Strange moments of a strange cat
Here is Cosmo sleeping in the sink. I am not sure why he is in the sink. Maybe he is going to wash that grey right out of his hair. 8)


4 Comments:

Blogger trackingprojectbackpack said...

I picked up that book last week! He was on Dateline a few weeks ago and after seeing that I couldn't not buy the book. He and his will to have survived is nothing short of amazing.

I have a Cosmo too. But he's a pug :-)

lynn at www.mindfulmoderation.com

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi from LisaPrit:

My cat always has to sit in the sink and watch us pee. She gets very annoyed if we lock her out.
I really like your blog.

http://continueinkind.typepad.com

8:51 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

My cat sleeps in the sink constantly! Especially in the summer-- I think the porcelain keeps him cool and cozy. I have a banana plant, but mine's about 3 or 4 feet tall-- no bananas yet, but I do have a baby plant shooting up, which I hear could mean bananas might be on the way! http://www.gardenweb.com has a great forum with lots of info on growing banana plants :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

Hi there, we adopted a dog from spca last dec. She is part of the family now. After seeing all the great pics of your pets on your blog it makes me want to post a few of pics on mine lol...really enjoyed reading your blog . I am not a knitter ironically but I do like to craft from time to time. I can carve a mean pumpkin . People take pics of my pumpkins and one year a lady came back the day after halloween to ask if she could take them for a halloween party that night lol.....saved me from throwing them out lol...PS I will be back to read your blog for sure.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home