Thursday, January 26, 2006

Completed Rowan "Air"



I have completed my Rowan “Air” Cardi
Please disregard the fact I did not put any make-up on or that I am wearing sweats. That is the downfall of taking your own photo you do not have that other person to give you feed back.

It took 8 balls of Rowan calmer in color Drift 460
Pattern from Rowan Calmer Collection.
Cast on for “Air” in March of 05 completed January of 06 (sad I know)

This was a fun knit. The only problems I had with the pattern were when I read it incorrectly. Calmer is a beautiful soft yarn and a joy to knit with. It is very light weight and if you want more structure I would go with a heavier yarn.

This Cardi is very soft and comfortable. It is not heavy enough to get you through a snow storm but perfect for the cool summer night to slip over a summer dress or tank top.

Overall a great experience to knit this beautiful pattern. Although I think next time I do a sweater I will pick a pattern that has more coverage and warmth. Since it took me so long to knit this I think my next sweater knit should be something I feel I will get a lot of wear out of.

I am very happy to have completed the last of my 05 wips and am proud to say I have nothing on the needles. So what am I doing writing this post. I must immediately run to my stash and get something started. Ah the joy of new projects. GOTTA GO!

4 Comments:

Blogger amandazen said...

Your Air Cardi came out great!
Amanda

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a very pretty FO!
Laura

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami, you look great in Air! It's well worth all the time and effort.

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Air Cardi looks great!! Congrats!
I live in Brazil and I"ve been trying to buy the Calmer Collection Magazine but it is not distributed here! I wonder if you would sell yours to me. I know it sounds funny, but I'm serious. Please answer me at: claudia@metodista.org.br

Keep up the goog work!!
Claudia

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home