Monday, February 20, 2006

Pointy Kitty



I thought I would warm up my sewing skills by making the Pointy Kitty. Hillary over at Wee Wonderfuls has made this wonderful pattern and has it free on her website. She makes the coolest things and I was so happy that she has offered us one of her patterns to try and make something ourselves. It took me a couple hours Sunday to make this Pointy Kitty. The hardest part I think is turning it inside out after it is sewn. I used a pencil eraser and also a knitting needle. I am pleased with my results.




Sew I Knit progress

After finishing the kitty, I tackled my skirt that I am making for the along. I am really challenging myself with this one. By choosing the multi colored stripe fabric it is making it much harder to cut out the pattern. I have managed to cut out all the pieces except for the last tier of the skirt. I ran out of the dark green stripe. I will need to go buy more fabric. I could start sewing the top but I think I will let it rest a bit. My brain is fried at the moment with sewing.

Surf & Turf Acrylic


I picked up this TLC 100% acrylic yarn in color Surf & Turf at the craft store when I was looking for felt to put on the pointy kitty. I am not taking the blame for this one.
I blame Amy over at Good to be a Girl. I don’t care for acrylic but I saw her Feb 17th post were she is making the bag from Holiday knits using this yarn. I love the color way and when I passed it at the craft store it was cheaply priced. Fortunately it is a very soft acrylic yarn. I thought it would make a great hand purse. But then I thought I was turning into a regular bag lady and have a ton of bags on my list and have made many. So I think I might make a table runner instead. Since it is acrylic, it will be easy to wash if it gets dirty.

Life Update


Since I let the cat out of the bag about Chris and me wanting to move to the country and live a more rewarding lifestyle, everyone has been so supportive. I want to thank everyone for their kind comments and e-mails. It means a lot to me. To tell you the truth I was nervous after I wrote the post. It is kind of like turning yourself inside out and letting everyone take a look.

We have been looking at houses the last couple of weekends and think we have found the perfect one. It is up in the Sacramento Mountains of New Mexico. It is only a 40 minute drive down to our dental office which will be a better commute than what we are making now to the office. It is an old Victorian Farm House on 5.5 acres of land. The property backs up to the Lincoln National Forest. The house was originally built in 1905. It has since been remodeled in the 80’s. Unfortunately the people that remodeled the home had horrible taste. The house will need to be gutted and remodeled adding central air & heat. The price is low enough to be able to remodel, thank goodness. Right now we are in the process of getting financing and getting the house inspected. If all goes well we might be looking at a closing at the end of March.

Weekend Seminar

webshots photo

Chris and I are heading to the Northwest this weekend for an Alpaca seminar. We have visited a couple of the alpaca ranches around here and think they might be great for our new lifestyle. So we signed up for a seminar to learn more about how to care for them and to provide a good home for them. The alpacas were actually Chris’s idea. He came home from work one day and he said one of his patients had just gotten a couple of alpacas. Of course I was completely interested, (tumbles of alpaca fiber dancing around in my head. Lets out a giggle while rubbing hands together MINE ALL MINE, Pulling self together as to not alarm darling husband of true nature and love of fiber). We are excited to check out the seminar and I will let you know how it goes.

2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

lol, okay i'll take the blame. i am a yarn enabler. that isn't such a bad thing right?

and i can't believe how amazing you are to just follow your heart. i wish i was able to do that more often. good for you (and your husband)!

where in the nw are you gonna be?

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

long post, I just saw the cat and had to comment. I'm sewing one at home right now, a pointy cat. Love them, guess we'll se lots of them around huh? yours is lovely!

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home