Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Which Road do YOU Take?


webshots photo

I look at my life as an endless learning adventure. The further I get in my life story it seems the more I learn about myself and who I am. I recently learned something about myself that I guess I never realized completely. Things I already knew are that I am a planner and a goal setter. It turns out every goal that I have made for myself I have accomplished. I set a goal and plan it out, then take the steps necessary to meet that goal.

I have always thought that reaching the goal was the prize where you sit back and enjoy what you accomplished. Turns out for me reaching the goal is where I hit the fork in the road and decide which path to take for my next adventure. If I look back on my life and touch on every fifth year since birth it reveals that you can not predict what my life was going to be like in the next five years. For me it is all about the journey, not the destination.


My Next Path

With all that said Hubby and I have reached a fork in the road. As some of you know we have a dental office and have worked very hard to make it all it could be. Turns out we have been very successful and could sit back and let this be our lives forever more and live very well. Of course I am not content with this and am bored with the thought of it. I think it is like that feeling that some men get with the whole ball and chain idea. I am fortunate enough to have married the right man and he is ready to try something else. Everyone grows and changes through the years you can only hope that your partner grows and changes in the same direction.

Hubby and I have decided to change our lifestyle. We decided to take the path that heads to a more rural setting. That’s right we are thinking of more a Farmer & the Dell kind of scenario. We are currently skipping down our new chosen path and are very excited about the journey we are about to take.

If there is any advice I could give to anyone it is to take that first step. If there is something that you have always wanted to do and have not done, what are you waiting for? You only live once. What is the worst thing that could happen? If you never try, you will never know.

Live with no regrets.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am truly happy for you to have found a partner with whom you can dream and take on adventures. I cannot wait to hear more.
Laura

1:37 PM  
Blogger amandazen said...

Have fun in your rural life! When hubby and I decided to leave the city and move to the mountains I was a little worried at first because I knew we would not have electric power, running water and all the other things one never thinks of in the city. But now after two years of living up here I cannot think of a better place to be.

Amanda :)

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your courage and wish you all the best!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with your adventure! I know that we are really enjoying the country--I am guessing that you will also.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home